Friends  

Posted by: Yvette Analise in , , , , , ,

I have very high standards for who I consider a friend, chances are-
you don't meet them.
Don't feel bad though, most don't.

A friend is someone I can trust with my life,
and the lives of others if it comes to it, my deepest thoughts, my finances, my cellphone, my boyfriend, and general mental health,
I can hand all of these things to my friend and go to Tahiti for a year with no worries because I know her/his character just as well as they should know mine.

Friends have boundaries,
we have things we DON'T talk about, things we wouldn't share and a friend knows when not to press certain subjects, not because we are hiding things, but because sometimes its not relevant.

Friends respect each other, they don't worship each other,
if we are not on even ground, we cant be friends, you have to be able to look each other in the eye.

You may ask my opinion on something, but its certainly not gospel,
so I respect your choice not to listen without getting angry, and I expect the same.
(although we can expect an occasional "I told you so")

We are not going to agree, but we will always put our relationship first in any conflict- bros before hoes has a good tang to it I think,
but a true friend will try their best to never put you in a position where you have to choose between someone you care about or them.

And the biggest, hardest thing, A friend knows when to let go-
because sometimes friendships fade, sometimes people change so that they no longer can be considered friends, and sometimes YOU change so much that you can't be a friend to anyone.

Also, sometimes they just don't talk for long periods of time because of life,
be mature enough not to freak out and they'll come back eventually, your too awesome to ignore!!

Being a good friend is a sacred thing, an honor, a burden and a trust, not everyone can be a friend and not everyone has one.
I'm tremendously blessed to have as many as I do :-D

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 and is filed under , , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment