The fury that wasn't  

Posted by: Yvette Analise

"Modesty is a wall to the uninvited, a guardian to what is protected, an invitation to the respectful, a statement of values to the unbeliever, a sense of dignity to the culture that wages war on our worth and a gift of honor to the One we represent."
Shara McKee



Oh, but so GREAT is this need inside me-

That I would first peel off my skin and salt my bleeding flesh than to give up ANYHTING that would make me attractive,

anything that would prevent what is really inevitable,



a rejection of my own flesh, my own humanity-



Not from the devil world,



Not from some outside source seeking to destroy,



but from me, rejecting the thing of flesh and bone that is myself.





But when this enevitable betrayal is done,



and I have cast myself off like the disgusting trash I am-

Who will I be?

This entry was posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment