1st Corinthians 4- IN MY OWN WORDS!  

Posted by: Elise Mason

I was recently challenged to rewrite a chapter of the bible in my own words
(With the results appearing below)

I found this exercise really insightful, both from doing my own "version" of scriptures and from hearing how others translated them.

So I've decided that for as long as I can
I'm going to challenge myself to do one chapter a day.
(OK- one every couple day? Can't hate me for ambitions!)




Since people see us as proxies of God, and as the holders of his secrets- its important to be trustworthy
I don't care if anyone judges me, I don't even judge myself, not that I'm perfect only that Christ judges me
Because its god who makes us different,
You have money, love and respect from your peers but we have been chosen to suffer and be poor, to be exiled and hated for the same end-
I'm not trying to chastise anyone but to show you
Plenty of people have advice but not many will actively guide you but because of god I will guide you through the gospel so please imitate me.
I know some are sure, you don't think I'm coming, but I'll visit soon if the lord is willing, then you'll know who's word is kept
For the kingdom of god is not a matter of talk but of power. So what do you want? Should I be angry with you or be gentle?
1st Corinthians: 4

See you soon!
Elise

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Needs some capitalization work when referring to God! Other than that it is very accurate.

Post a Comment